Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wonder Years

edward 007-sep
Edward, November 2009

We usually only see Edward on Sunday downtown at church and sometimes afterwards when he comes home for a quick lunch, and you know, he only lives on the Calvin campus about 25 minutes away. Yet, whenever I see him, I feel the need to get my camera out. Pictures for me are a way of holding on to memories and I feel if I have one, I will never forget. What I've had on my mind lately is that Ed will be taking off in about 5 days for Amsterdam and I won't be able to shoot these simple photos. I'm going to miss that. I expect we'll keep in pretty good touch through Facebook, Skype, e-mail, etc. but it will be the longest time in over 20 years I have ever had to go without taking his photograph. Will I make it?

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. ~The Wonder Years

1 comment:

pearlie said...

Good on you -- that you keep at it. I don't do enough :)