Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Heavenly Vision

Heaven 006-2
The city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God is its light. Revelation 21:23

For her senior year, Maria had to do a service project in an area of study which she would like to pursue after graduation. She did the above painting over the break for her friend Abby's 25 year old brother who lives in a group home because he has cerebral palsy. He had asked Maria for a painting of heaven. She used acrylics on a 2 ft x 4 ft. canvas and included gold paint, of course. Last evening, she told me she was going to bring it over to him and I realized I had about 20 minutes to get out the tripod and take some photos. She will do a powerpoint presentation about it for her senior project. Here are some details:

mosaic1b2efbb246c8f7975bcb3d50c34a1be84a858574 (1)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE this painting!

Deirdre Honner said...

Wow, this is magnificent. What a beautiful gift.

spread your wings said...

beautiful! she is very talented.
over the holidays we got talking about what heaven would be like. I'm not sure how we got on the subject but it turned into a very interesting discussion and Taylor was going to have all of us (my 9yr old niece and nephew included) to draw up our interpretation on a 3 x 3 piece of paper. it didn't happen this time but it is a project for later.
I like your daughter's interpretation.

S. Etole said...

what a wonderful project and gift ... I appreciate your sharing it