Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh, wow.

shower 371-1 linen bw
Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yesterday, I spent 9 hours taking hundreds of photos an hour at Gracie's wedding. It was so much fun to be part of the wedding of this amazing couple, Gracie, aka Diana and her new husband Barkley.
I never knew my camera was so heavy and I didn't know it would be like an aerobic sport :) My friend Deirdre helped me out for a few hours in the afternoon and it was so good to have a fellow photographer there to talk about ideas. We had a blast!

About a month ago, I had a dream where I saw a cougar and an elk in the woods. They were so gentle and the lighting was so perfect. I wanted to take a picture of course, but my shutter froze. What a nightmare, right? So yesterday, as the honored guests started to come down the aisle, what do you think happened? My camera froze! Really!!!! I crossed the aisle and told Maria, who was using my old camera, that it was ALL UP TO HER!! But she tossed me her camera and I started using it instead. Meanwhile, Maria, with all her presence of mind, took the battery out of mine, blew on the contacts and put it back in. Voila! It started working and I was able to get the bridemaids and the bride coming down the aisle. Of course, in the re-telling of this story it has morphed into my shutter freezing just as the bride was coming up the aisle. Seriously folks, that's what it felt like. But it's all good and I now have about 2000 photos to go through/edit so I'll be busy for awhile!

3 comments:

ELK said...

you did it hurray!

Marianna said...

Congrats Julia! If that one photo on today's blog is a sampling . . . wow! It is gorgeous! You have a photographer's eye for sure! Tiff already told me that she wants you to do her wedding - someday!

Annette Gysen said...

Looking forward to seeing more wedding pics! July 11 is a good day to get married!