Monday, February 27, 2006

Sparks

Did you know that Wintergreen Lifesavers emit blue/green sparks when you bite on them with your mouth open in the dark? I tried to demonstrate it to some of my co-workers in the bathroom today at work, but they must have been doing it wrong because they did not see the sparks. I saw the sparks in my mouth. I'm a believer in the sparks. At this point in time, they are not, however. I actually found the scientific explanation for it. It is called triboluminescence or TL which is light resulting from crushing or tearing. When the sugar crystals are crushed, the negatively charged electrons break loose and end up crashing in to nitrogen in the air and causing the blue sparks. You should try it sometime. It will light up your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mom i am only sending you this because u want me 2. i might as well make it worth reading though.Did you know that you were nominated for two grammy awards! The first one is funniest blog ever the second one is funniest person ever. they probably added those awards because they saw youre blog. so you are probably gonna win cause they just picked other nt so funny blogs.good luck!

-BRIDGET

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.