Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Little Old Ladies

Today, I was feeling pretty young and cool - got my own blog, a friend of mine who's my age does virtual dating on the internet, another friend asked me to go hot tubbing. Then I went to the bread store. As I was checking out, the cashier lady asks me, "Are you over 50?" Actually, it was more like, "You're under 50, right?" (ie., you're not eligible for the seniors discount, are you?) Whatever, the effect was the same. Maybe she saw me looking at the red hats over at Meijer. I just said to her "You've got to be kidding me. " I'm used to people asking me if I'm over 21. Or people calling our house and asking me if my mother is home. YOU ARE ALWAYS THE SAME AGE IN YOUR HEAD.
A friend of mine sent me this really funny e-mail about life in the 1500's. I've always thought I could have never survived the olden days because I've needed all the modern medical technology I could get, but then I remember, I wouldn't have gotten hit by a car back then either. I later found out that the e-mail was an urban legend, but it's still funny to read. Anyway, I've been feeling pretty old lately with old, achy bones, so maybe I should move to Arizona. My mom is only 20 years older than me and she always said we would be little old ladies together. I can't believe it's here already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog rocks!