Monday, February 20, 2006

Conger Family

Conger family

I LOVE this picture because it's just sooo beachy. And how often do you find a picture of your great-grandparents on the beach? The second one from the right is my grandmother (Oma Boyer) whom I'm named after. Isn't she so cute? Her maiden name was Julia Conger and I was given those names for my first and second names. The story goes that she was the fifth Julia Conger and I inherited this set of 400 year old dishes that had been passed down through them all. The other day, I was just googling away at the computer and something led me to google "Julia Conger" and I came across this lady's ancestry page where she was looking for the descendants of a Julia A. Conger. I was so excited because I thought, "Well, it's about time they found me. I've been waiting my whole life for the royal title I feel is mine." So before writing this lady, I did some research and found that roughly 1/3 of the world must carry the surname Conger because there are like a trillion of them. I am astonished daily by the size of this world.

No comments: