Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Great Book Club Caper

A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from a friend in my book club. She asked me if I would meet her and Jeannette for supper before our "book club" since it was Jeannette's birthday and we would celebrate in style. This was all a cover up for the surprise party that was being prepared and of course I was more than game to participate.

jeannette 30th 005-2
Allison & Jeannette

Under the guise of being ready to discuss "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, we met at Mangiamo's, a restaurant which used to be a beautiful old home. We started with wine and shared an antipasto plate. Then for her birthday dinner, Jeannette had a plate of crabs. I had this wonderful pear and endive salad and Allison had a pork tenderloin dish.

jeannette 30th 008

The dinner and conversation flew by quickly and it was time for us to go meet the others at Suzy's house for the discussion; but wait, I had to leave early to get "gas" and Allison forgot her glucose meter back at the "Bunker." And wouldn't you know, I arrived early enough at the surprise party at the "Bunker" to get the surprised look on Jeannette's face.

jeannette 30th 014

jeannette 30th 021-2

Yes, it was a great success!

jeannette 30th 022-1

1 comment:

Gracie said...

tee hee. I love the photo of John mid conversation. The whole thing is fun, but I love that you caught him.