Monday, March 08, 2010

Feel the Brown, Hope for the Spring

“It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" - Mark Twain

snowdesert

We have had bright sunny days here and warm-ish temps for the past few days. The 40's!! I had to shed my coat yesterday when I went on a walk if that tells you anything. The snow is beginning to melt revealing the brownish-ness underneath.

When the sun comes out, the brown can be actually quite beautiful!

walk 020-1

On my walk, I heard a rushing stream which came from the melting snow.

walk 011

And then, to top it all off, I saw a neighbor who told me proudly of her daffodils sprouting through the earth. I wanted to see it for myself.

walk 013

2 comments:

S. Etole said...

it is coming isn't it ...

ELK said...

i so love the browns right before the greens...you have a lovely series here