Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Tradition

Back when Edward graduated, I did this picture display of all his first days of school. When I had it out at his graduation open house, a friend of ours who is a Principal no less, told me I had OCD. And here I am, still doin' it...

maria 1st day
Maria embarking on her Senior year

bridget 1st day
Bridget embarking on her Freshman year

This last one is totally for Deirdre. Do you love my artistic use of white balance? I was so excited when Leo got in the picture too!

7 comments:

Deirdre Honner said...

I don't think it could be ANY better. First - awesome pics and I don't think you have OCD. Second Scott Kelby recommends playing with white balance to give pictures a different look.

I feel better quoting a pro.

ELK said...

i do that as well...it is in the contract i think..great job mom!

spread your wings said...

i think it's fabulous tradition. i think i probably took first day photos but was not organized about it so no telling where they all are.
great job!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with documenting a milestone. I saw on someone's blog that they take one on the first and last day of school to see how their child has grown over the year. Sounds like a winner to me!

Unknown said...

Are shoes forbidden at their school?

Jewels said...

Alan - They are allowed to wear a tiny piece of foam at the base of their foot that the kitty has chewed to death!

skchapin said...

Now accepting collections for the Smilde Shoe Fund.