Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I Have to Focus on This

Monday & Tuesday, John, the girls & I were back to our regularly scheduled programming. Edward was enjoying the rest of his break and then all of a sudden, yesterday afternoon, he was ready to go back to Calvin. I said good-bye and he left and it all just seemed so unceremonial. So, I ran out the door in my socks and said, "I have to take your picture."

"I knew you would," he said.

I walked to the other side of Edward packing his Volvo (no, he's not a vampire), looking for the best angle. "Smile," I automatically said.

Edward replied like a very serious college student, "I have to focus on this."

I thought it was so cute. Thankfully, he did take a second to smile at the camera for his mom.

ed leaving

6 comments:

ELK said...

great photos mom ~ sigh, mine goes back in a few days.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to record the moment. What a treasure of memories you're building.

Re: your comment, I actually have no idea if they grow tulips in San Antonio. I'm curious now and will have to research it!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you both needed to focus.

Bob said...

Focus is a good thing. How was he at 8 years old?

Anonymous said...

I always took pictures of my daughter on the first day of school. I have pictures in my car, walking with friends, riding her bike and then driving her own car. I have a picture of her going to college. It is a great way to document their school years.

Anonymous said...

I always took pictures of my daughter on the first day of school. I have pictures in my car, walking with friends, riding her bike and then driving her own car. I have a picture of her going to college. It is a great way to document their school years.