Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Unzipped in the Twilight Zone

This morning, I woke up at about 4:30am, but managed to get back to sleep before my usual 6:30am wake-up time. I don't set my alarm, I just wake up from all the commotion going on in the house. So I was enjoying this time of dream-filled sleep, when suddenly, my co-worker Sharon was there in my dream as real as can be zipping up her pants as she was getting ready for work and she said, "Why didn't you tell me I was unzipped?" I immediately woke up and it was 6:37am. Yes, I felt weird about dreaming that, but oh well. Maybe one of the psychologists at work can tell me the meaning of that some day.

Meanwhile, I was glad to be up because I had lunches to make, kids to get off to school, and myself ready for work. When I arrived at work just before 8am, I said to Sharon, "You woke me up this morning. Thanks." She was of course puzzled, so I explained my dream about the unzipped pants and how I immediately woke up. She had this look of instant recognition and said that at that time, she was actually looking at herself in the mirror and noticing she was unzipped. I retold this story at least twice during the day and each time, she piped in, "I swear it's true."

What a weird thing to have ESP about.

june 036
Sharon with her Taco Bell dog last summer

2 comments:

pearlie said...

I actually laughed out loud and my colleague thought I was laughing at her phone conversation! Ooops ...

Jewels said...

Hi Pearlie- Was it the ESP or the general absurdity of the whole thing?