Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Olympic-Caliber Donut Eater

For those of you who don't know, Brian Diemer is a local Olympic Bronze Medalist (and South Christian record holder) who won his medal in the 1984 Olympic Steeplechase event. Every year, there is a 5K race named after him here in town in which Edward & John usually run. The challenge is if you happen to beat Brian in this race, you win a donut. I have a friend who is a very good runner, and last year she gave me her donut, most likely because she was in too good of shape to be eating donuts.

race

Recently, the brochure came out for the 2008 5K race, and there in the bottom right hand corner, next to his records and world achievements is the world class donut eater herself! I am so honored.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored to know such a famous person!

Jewels said...

Thank you. I can give you my autograph this weekend.

Anonymous said...

nice one mom

skip said...

Hey, I know Brian Diemer. I went to church with him at Brookside CRC for years. A very nice man. And married to a special woman. He did some wonderful landscaping for us on Chamberlain SE. But, alas, I never ran with him or ate a donut with him. So I lay no claim to fame like Jewels.

Jewels said...

That's cool Skip & I never knew you lived on Chamberlain - a good friend of mine lives there. Small world.

Anonymous said...

Was it a Van's Pastry donut????

Ruth

Jewels said...

Good question, Ruth! I only took a bite or 2 - just when the camera happened to be there!

Annette Gysen said...

Never mind the Leo t-shirts! I want a Julia eating a donut with Brian Diemer t-shirt!

Jewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jewels said...

Annette - Pretty hilarious, huh?

pearlie said...

Woohoo! Great one!

Gracie said...

i just knew you were famous! but i think it's the donut eating technique that they captured. nice!!