Tuesday, July 03, 2012

The National Cathedral

I posted a few photos i took with my iPhone at the National Cathedral, but here is one taken with my camera.  We met someone with a youth group from South Carolina who offered to take one of all of us.

bridget senior pix-6239

I took a lot of senior photos of Bridget - yes, my youngest will be a senior - so hence I wore my fave photographer shorts with all the pockets :)

bridget senior pix-6229
Quite a building!  Washington National Cathedral, is a cathedral of the Episcopal Church located in Washington, D.C. Of neogothic design, it is the sixth-largest cathedral in the world, the second-largest in the United States, and the fourth-tallest structure in Washington, D.C.

Construction began on September 29, 1907, when the foundation stone was laid in the presence of President Theodore Roosevelt and ended 83 years later when the last finial was placed in the presence of President George H. W. Bush in 1990.  It was damaged last year, so when we saw it, there was scaffolding around much of the top and one of the pinacles was down on the ground with fencing around it.

No comments: