Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Nothing Gold Can Stay

fall-0068
This past Sunday, I took a long walk though the amazing colors of our fall and soaked it all in so I would be ready for the long dull gray-brown winter.

fall-0069-2
It was so good. I took it all in...

fall-0070-2
This is it people.

fall-0071
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.   -Robert Frost

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Julia...these are awesome pictures. I'm living Autumn through them as I STILL miss the Ohio October colors I grew up with even after 39 years living here in Calif. Not sure all of Ohio had a good Autumn this year but obviously Grand Rapids sure did! Thanks for the pictures.

Connie Smiley said...

These colors are just breathtaking. And Robert Frost says it so well.