Monday, July 16, 2007

My Country, 'Tis of Thee

As I have said before, John is really good at birding, or spotting little things that fly by really fast from a far distance. Last week when we were driving on the Ohio Turnpike, he spotted a bald eagle flying in the opposite field clear up in the sky:
eagle
It turns out I'm pretty good at getting my camera out of the bag and shooting a quick picture while we were driving by. Not a great picture, but just proof that we actually saw the bald eagle off the Ohio Turnpike. Although these great birds are no longer "endangered", they are still considered "threatened" and it is a patriotic thrill to actually see one.
Speaking of liberty, I followed the the Jeep Liberty of a guy from work today and I was entertained by his license plate which reads "NJSTC4L". After he told me to put Liberty in front of it, I finally got it... it's almost as difficult as flyby photography.

4 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

The best things are always in Ohio!

Jewels said...

Go Buckeyes!

pearlie said...

Not a great picture
Haha ... for once!

NJSTC4L
nope, i dun get it.

Jewels said...

Pearlie,
Haha, we can't always be winners.

You might if you were American -
"Liberty and Justice for all."